This unique Challenge is for all innovators and suppliers of products and solutions to places across the UK. We define places in regard to this challenge as towns, cities, communities, shopping centres, retail parks and shopping centres
Colchester is the UK’s oldest recorded town, with heritage and architecture dating back to Roman times.
From medieval shopfronts and castles, to a unique Victorian water tower, the town boasts over 2,000 years of history, setting it apart from many other places in the country.
Today, the town benefits from both a stable resident community, a young and dynamic demographic, thanks to the university, and a strong visitor offer.
With a forward-thinking council, a strong resident-led voluntary sector and an energetic new town team, Colchester is well-placed to take advantage of local, regional, national and international visitors.
However, as with any town or city across the country, Colchester has both opportunities to improve and challenges to face.
Our challenge to you, then, is to demonstrate how your product, services or solutions are the best ones to pull together those elements of the community, to interpret the heritage of Colchester in a way that meets the needs of locals and visitors, young and old, and to support the infrastructure of this place to help it develop and grow in an ever more competitive 21st Century marketplace.
Your solution needs to meet the needs of the Colchester community, but should also demonstrate how it is transferable to other UK towns and cities.
Judges will be asked to score against the following categories  with the highest score in each category being awarded “Best in Class 2016” and the entrant with the highest overall score being crowned as “Best Overall Solution Provider 2016”:
- Best Solution for Visitors
- Best Solution for Supporting Businesses
- Best Solution for Community Engagement
- Best Digital Solution
- Best Solution for Celebrating Heritage
- Best Solution for Measuring Success
- Best solution for Providing a Sustainable Future (financial and environmental)
- Best Solution for Improving Infrastructure
- Best Solution for a Safer Place
- Best Overall Solution
Your entry should include a short (maximum 3-minute) video posted to Youtube and will involve a further 5 minute pitch to an invited audience at the Revive & Thrive Exhibition and Challenge Event 2016, taking place in Colchester on 29th and 30th September.
|Business Group Members||Non Member Businesses|
|Entry into 2016 Challenge||£275||£495|
|Exhibition & Workshop||£275||£295|
|Special deal for both options||£425||£790|
|All exclusive of VAT|
To express an interest, to book your place or receive updates and terms and conditions, please email email@example.com or call 03330 124285
* Facility to hold a workshop is only open to Revive & Thrive Business Group Members.
* Annual Business Group Membership to Revive & Thrive starts from £425. Any business wishing to join the Revive & Thrive Business Group can do so for just £35 in addition to challenge and exhibition costs and would then benefit from full Revive & Thrive Membership for 12 months as well as the opportunity to deliver a workshop at the 2016 Challenge Event.
* All prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
* Costs include 1x delegate entry to the event and 1x evening meal.
* The marketing value of entry to the Challenge will be enhanced depending upon date of entry. The sooner your entry is confirmed and video uploaded, the more time will be available to promote this.
 Categories may be amended until public voting starts on 1st August 2016
 The Youtube video will form the basis of a “public vote” category, to be run from 1st-31st August 2016. Additionally, Revive & Thrive will use your video across its various media channels, including website, Twitter accounts and Place Magazine to both promote the 2016 Challenge Event and your own business. Winners of the public vote will be announced at the event